Saturday, July 10, 2010

"What do you do all day?"



One of the most frequent questions I get asked when I inform someone that I don't "work", and that I am a "stay-at-home" is, "What do you do all day?"

So here is your answer:

8:00 am My husband makes me breakfast in bed
8:30 am I fall back asleep while my husband goes to work
9:30 am My maid comes over, cleans the house and makes me a snack while I watch soaps
11:00 am Lay out by the pool & read Twilight & catch up with my "fren-emies"
2:00 pm Receive my daily pre-lunch full body message & facial
3:30 pm Late Lunch at the spa! Nothing better!
4:30 pm Go on a quick spending spree
7:00 pm Meet my hubby for dinner at an over priced Northern Virginia Restaurant


Sike. This isn't The Real Housewives of D.C. people. Let's be honest running a home takes time, effort and, I would argue to do it well, talent. I don't need to argue my point to much here because houses don't stay clean by themselves, food doesn't get cooked by a witch named Samantha, and children don't take care of themselves. Okay I don't have kids yet, but I am in "training". I will say it again, household management is a lost art. It's funny to me the women who have smirked at this - because they themselves had stay at home Mom's - and I'm not talking Mom's who stayed home because they didn't have a choice but because they loved it!


No comments:

Post a Comment