If you haven't already discovered "The Pioneer Woman" Ree Drummond you have been missing out! My good friend, and stay at home wife, Corrine turned me on to Ree's webpage. She also has several books published and is quite the comedian!
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Monday, June 28, 2010
6 tips to combat rudeness:
1. Don’t take it personally. As much as we hate to give people the benefit of the doubt - try! Most likely the person being rude is having a bad day.
2. On a scale of 1-10 how important is the offense to you? If it's high on the annoyance scale confront it graciously, if not forgive and quickly forget. Ask yourself, is this worth my emotional time?
3. Set a good example, i.e. don't sink to their level. Rudeness begets rudeness, and likewise kindness begets kindness. If you are rude, don’t be surprised if you get the same treatment in return.
4. Relax, and count to ten. As silly as it sounds when you start to feel angry, taking deep breaths lowers your blood pressure, heart rate, and gives you time to think clearly before you blow up.
5. Laugh it off and change the subject.Excuse yourself, if you must, to do any of the above.
6. Set your expectations in line with reality! Don't expect someone who has a history of being rude to be Mrs. or Mr. Manners, you will almost always be disappointed and frustrated. So instead expect them to be rude and when they aren't you will be pleasantly surprised but if they stay true to form it won't get under your skin either.
Derived from Emily Post Etiquette Guide
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Friday, June 25, 2010
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
So here is my first product review! I tried this new shower cleaner by Scrubbing Bubbles! We live in an old house and our shower has some nasty mold stains, and we have really bad soap build up. I have tried bleach, and the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on the stains but nothing has removed them.