Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Beauty Product Review: Mascara Picks


Okay ladies so I got two picks for you today! My friends are always asking me what I use on my eyes and what is the best mascara! As much as I love being a Domestic Diva, part of that is getting dressed up and looking my best every day! So I'm gonna be adding some product reviews of beauty products into the blog along with the household product reviews! (Not in the same posts though! One thing at a time!)



My first all-time pic is Dior "Diorshow" Waterproof Mascara. If you have a problem with mascara creeping down your face all day and getting those lovely little dark smudges on your under-eye this will solve your problems. You can opt for the Non-waterproof if you wear contacts but just make sure you wear a really good heavy duty under-eye concealer that will "hold the line" so to speak. The secret to not getting those smudges, and sweating off your eye makeup is "waterproof". Also I am totally obsessed with the big brush applicator it is amazing. The key to big gorgeous eyelashes is application, application, application! Apply this stuff like it's the last time you will ever use mascara. I would estimate that I do at least 4 - 5 coats per eye, it sounds like a lot but it looks great! You can purchase this online at Sephora.com, at your local Macy's or Dillard's counter. This bad ace mascara will run you $24.00 before tax, but I promise you it is worth every penny. It lasts me about 3 months and I use it like crazy!


And the runner up is.... Bad gal Lash by Benefit. Again this mascara has a great applicator and like Dior doesn't leave your eye lashes feeling like you put clay on them. It thickens, lengthens and separates! The down size is that it is NOT waterproof. They do have a waterproof version, but the applicator is not up to par with the original Bad Gal Lash applicator. And like I said it's all about application when it comes to mascara - and that is why the lash brush matters so much! The benefit (ha-ha, no pun intended) with this mascara is you can actually buy it in a smaller size for only $9 at Sephora, it's called "A Little Bit Bad Gal Lash" which is just too adorable. The regular size will only run you $19 vs. the $24 for Dior, so if you are on a budget this is the mascara for you! Again the regular size should last you about 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment