Thursday, January 5, 2012

Gratitude.

I haven't updated this blog in a long time. But I decide for one of my New Years Resolutions that I wanted to be a more grateful person. I think gratitude is a choice. We choose our attitudes and beliefs and those beliefs shape our emotions and responses that aren't always by choice... so I am choosing an attitude of gratitude this year.

In order for a resolution to stick or be attainable it must be measurable so I am going to blog something I am grateful for each day of 2012.

I am a few days behind so here are my first 5:

January 1, 2012 - I am grateful for amazing, lifelong friends who support me and love me for who I am.

January 2, 2012 - I am grateful for lazy days of doing absolutely nothing.

January 3, 2012 - I am grateful for local food and the places that serve them popping up all over the place! It's so nice to eat fresh, yummy, hearty food.

January 4, 2012 - I am grateful that I can remember the days when going through airport security was hassle free and you didn't have to take off your shoes. My generations Y "Good Old Days" Moment.

Today January 5, 2012
I am grateful for my husband who cleaned the house, lit candles everywhere and had romantic music playing for me when I got home from being away for a week in Nashville with my best girlfriends. I am the luckiest girl alive and I still can't believe he chose me. <3

Happy 2012 everyone. Here is to another year to be filled with gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment