Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Grateful #17

I am grateful for all the freedoms we enjoy in our country. I am grateful that as a women in my country I can vote and run for office if I choose to do so - in many countries women are still considered second class citizens.

I am grateful for the different opinions and loud voices because it still proves that the American spirit is alive and well even though sometimes it feels we are living in very very dark times. There are places where you get killed or go "missing" for speaking out or even telling the truth.

I am grateful to live in a place where I can take a WALK or go for a run whenever I want. Some people are born into war and only know destruction, unrest, slaughter and hate. No place is safe where these people live.

I am grateful that I can go to the store and buy ANYTHING I can possibly think of at almost anytime of day - some people don't even have water to drink, or food to eat.

I am not trying to be political or get on a soap box I am just grateful.... even people who are struggling in our country still have freedom. We are still 99 % of the wealthiest people in the WORLD, not just because of what we make per year or our household income but because of the quality of life we enjoy because we are Americans and because we are free. I am grateful to all the men and women who generation after generation have fought to defend that freedom and the belief that we are a country who's creed STATES that we have inalienable rights not from government but from GOD. We are not a perfect country, to say we have a lot to work on and much to learn is an understatement, but I am still and always will be proud to be an American.

I am grateful for my country.

No comments:

Post a Comment